Kia ora Koutou,
The team at Green Bay Medical Centre is excited to announce that we will now be able to give the Covid vaccine to our patients that are over 12 years old!
We strongly recommend the Covid vaccine for all of our patients. If anyone is unsure about it (there has been a lot of information out there to digest), we would love to hear from you. You are welcome to call our nursing team for further information or to discuss directly with your GP who has the best information about your individual health.
Please also see the Vax Facts document here
Please see the links at the bottom of this email to the Ministry of Health website for further information in various languages regarding Covid and the vaccine.
We will be starting with small numbers of vaccinations in the first few weeks as we get the systems up and running. So we would like to initially offer the vaccination to the following priority groups:
- Over 65yrs
- Pacific Island
- Patients with health conditions that put them at greater risk of severe Covid e.g. diabetes, heart disease, lung disease, immune compromise
- Anyone who is struggling to access one of the community vaccination centres.
If this applies to you or anyone in your whanau, and you would like to have your vaccine at GBMC, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com)
In your email please include:
- Your full name and date of birth (plus any members of your household that would like a vaccine at the same time)
- What days you ARE NOT available for a vaccine
- If you are available at late notice (on the day) if we have spare vaccine doses around 4.30 or 5pm
- The date of your first vaccine if applicable, and when your second dose is due.
If you are not in one of those ‘priority groups’ listed above, but are keen to have your vaccination with us: please send us an email and we will do our best to fit you in.
Noho ora mai.
The Team at GBMC.